Technology has changed the way consumers think and act. With the introduction of smartphones, they can make a purchase, reserve a table, or book a trip online anytime, anywhere. Over 75% of users nowadays prefer using mobile than desktop when browsing the web, and most of them opt for calls than emails, chats, and other methods when it comes to enquiries.
Equipping your website, emails, and ads with a click to call feature can help you strengthen your connection with your audience. This innovation enables them to interact with your business in the most secure and convenient way possible. Read on as we show how it can enhance customer experience and impact your bottom line:
How click-to-call works
Click-to-call functionality lets a user get in touch with your business real-time by clicking your phone number or call-to-action button on your website, ads, listings, and more. This feature allows them to continue browsing your page while getting support from your staff. It’s easier than regular phone calls and offers more conversions than other channels. This makes it an excellent means for attaining potential sales opportunities for your business.
Click-to-call facts and statistics
To better understand the importance of click-to-call for your business, here are some notable numbers from a study conducted by Google:
- 70% of mobile users have used click-to-call from the search engine results page (SERP) to contact a business
- 47% of mobile users state that if a business doesn’t come with a phone number in their search results, they will be more likely to go to their competitors.
- 61% of mobile users say that click-to-call is crucial in the purchase stage of the shopping process.
- Including a phone number to mobile search ads can increase your average click-through rate for up to 8%.
Reasons to use click-to-call functionality
Any business can benefit from a click-to-call button, especially those on industries that have a high level of complexity, like travel, insurance, and financial services. It offers an engaging experience as it minimises friction for your potential and existing customers. Here’s how it can contribute to your business’ growth:
There’s no need to remember numbers
While it’s easy to depend on phones or computers to save contact numbers, click-to-call buttons make the task simple. In just one click, prospects can reach your business and get quick answers to their questions or schedule a consultation.
There’s a high chance that prospects who call your business will convert into paying customers because they have already expressed interest in your product or service. Click-to-call allows them to contact you at their convenience, any time of the day. When you make it easier for them to access your services, there’s a high chance that you can push them towards the end of your conversion funnel.
Improve customer service
Click-to-call buttons eliminate the need for users to complete a form or send an email about a problem. They don’t have to wait for hours or days to get their queries attended; instead, they can immediately connect with someone from your team who can help them with their situation.
Additionally, customers appreciate talking to a real person because they believe it’s the most efficient means to settle their issue.
Identify which channels drive the most valuable calls
With the help of analytics, you can measure the conversion value of your calls from your website and ads. Apart from call length, you can assess the caller intent, peak call times, and call outcome. This helps you make sound decisions about where to allocate your marketing budget and how to optimise your campaigns.
Click-to-call functionality best practices
Click-to-call buttons can be extremely helpful for your business and your customers, but only when used the right way. Here are some tips on how you can maximise their potential:
- Make it visible and apparently clickable on your website. Click-to-call buttons are typically seen on website headers and footers, along with your address and business hours. Depending on your goals, you can also add call options to your web forms or check-out pages.
- Take advantage of Google My Business listings. GMB comes with a click-to-call feature that makes it easier for users to reach you quickly without the need to visit your website. It also has a“Call Now” option for Google Posts to encourage them to enquire about your offer.
- Schedule ads when there is someone to accept the calls. Generating a call you can’t answer will not only waste time and resources but also will hurt your credibility.
- Use targeting tactics to attract more calls. You can target your previous customers through ads, emails, or landing pages that offer to incentivise calls. You can also expand your reach to new audiences similar to customers who already called you.
Click-to-call buttons eliminate the hurdles that might turn your audience away. They can reach your business quickly and get all the answers they need with just one tap on their tablets, smartphones, or desktops. If you need help with installing click to call phone number on website, DigitalMaas is always ready to assist you. You can also sign up to our platform for a free website audit.